To run soap plant and finishing line efficiently at the required output level as per plant rated capacities and maintain the quality required by the customer specifications and regulatory bodies.
- Monitor instruments to ensure proper production conditions.
- Regulate or shut down equipment during emergency situations, as directed by supervisory personnel.
- Control or operate chemical processes or systems of machines, using panel boards, control boards, or semi-automatic equipment.
- Move control settings to make necessary adjustments on equipment units affecting speeds of chemical reactions, quality, or yields.
- Inspect operating units, such as towers, soap-spray storage tanks, scrubbers, collectors, or driers to ensure that all are functioning and to maintain maximum efficiency.
- Draw samples of products and conduct quality control tests to monitor processing and to ensure that standards are met.
- Test chemical or physical characteristics of materials or products.
- Record operating data, such as process conditions, test results, or instrument readings.
- Patrol work areas to ensure that solutions in tanks or troughs are not in danger of overflowing.
- Interpret chemical reactions visible through sight glasses or on television monitors and review laboratory test reports for process adjustments.
- Confer with technical and supervisory personnel to report or resolve conditions affecting safety, efficiency, or product quality.
- Gauge tank levels, using calibrated rods.
- Notify maintenance, stationary-engineering, or other auxiliary personnel to correct equipment malfunctions or to adjust power, steam, water, or air supplies. Notify others of equipment repair or maintenance needs.
- Calculate material requirements or yields according to formulas.
- Direct workers engaged in operating machinery that regulates the flow of materials and products.
- Supervise the cleaning of towers, strainers, or spray tips.
- Defrost frozen valves, using steam hoses.
- Minimum Diploma in any of the Engineering course
- Chemical & Process Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control engineering
- Mechanical engineering (Plant)
- Minimum Years of experience: 2