We are looking for a competent Project Engineer to take the lead of our projects and provide day to-day oversight and support all engineering and technical functions in order to achieve project sustainability and success in accordance with defined target, strategies and goals. The position is based in Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, schedule, monitor and coordinate the assigned engineering projects.
- Interact with clients daily.
- Find out about clients’ needs and wants.
- Manage the project resource plan and budget.
- Manage project issues, risks and actions.
- Assign responsibilities and mentor project team.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Project evaluations and assessment of results.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree – Mechanical Engineering
- Previous working experience as a Project Engineer for at least 2 years.
- Valid engineer license
- Hands on experience with design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD
- Any additional Project Management Certifications will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Attention to details.
- Proactive problem solver
- Excellent time management skills.